In this quick guide, we’ll walk you through the 7 steps you need to complete to automate your art sales with creativehub & WooCommerce.
Step 1: Sign up to creativehub
Sign up for your free creativehub account here. If you already have an account, simply login.
Step 2: Upload your files, set your price & sizes
- Once logged in to your creativehub account, you’ll land on an option page.
- Select the ‘Sell art online’ card and follow the quick tutorial to set up your products.
Step 3: Connect WooCommerce to your WordPress site
- Head to WooCommerce to create your store. Note that WooCommerce uses WordPress so if you use WordPress, connect WooCommerce.
Step 4: Connect creativehub & WooCommerce
- Navigate back to your creativehub account.
- Access your main setting menu by clicking your name/avatar in the top right
- Select ‘Art store settings’ from the drop down
- Click ‘Integrations’ from the left hand side menu options
- Copy and paste your WooCommerce/Wordpress URL into the empty grey field, then click connect.
- Clicking ‘Connect’ takes you to a WooCommerce page where you are asked if you would like to connect your store with creativehub. Authorise this connection.
- Once connected, you’ll be auto directed back to your creativehub account. Notice WooCommerce now displays as connected.
Step 5: Push your products to your WooCommerce store
- Once your prints are priced (step 2), these will be listed in your creativehub account in the ‘Product list’
- This is located in ‘Art store settings’ > ‘Product list’
- Next, click ‘Import all’ if you wish to push all your products to WooCommerce. Alternatively, import variants individually. For a detailed explanation of product import options, read this guide.
- Your imported products can be found in your WooCommerce/Wordpress account by selecting ‘products’ from the main menu
- To list your product for sale, click the product name, then click ‘publish’.
Step 6: Add a payment card so we can fulfil your print orders
- When you sell a print in your WooCommerce/Wordpress store, the customer pays you the full amount via your chosen payment method (this is configured in WooCommerce main settings).
- We then debit you separately for the production costs plus the flat rate shipping fee of £7.00 (+VAT if applicable). Get more info on shipping rates here
- You’ll need to add a bank card to your creativehub account for us to be able to take this payment.
- To do this, click your profile icon in the top right of the page and select ‘Art store settings’ from the drop down options.
- Then click ‘Payment settings’ on the left hand side menu.
Step 7: Driving traffic to your store
- Great, you are all set up with your new online art store! When a print sells, we’ll handle fulfillment and ship direct to your customer within 48 hours.
- Now it’s time to start thinking about driving traffic to your online store.
- There are many ways to do this. We have written a free book that covers these topics and more. Grab your copy via the button below!