In this quick guide, we’ll walk you through the 7 steps you need to complete to automate your art sales with creativehub & Squarespace.
Step 1: Sign up to creativehub
Sign up for your free creativehub account here. If you already have an account, simply login.
Step 2: Upload your files, set your price & sizes
- Once logged in to your creativehub account, you’ll land on an option page.
- Select the ‘Sell art online’ card and follow the quick tutorial to set up your products.
Step 3: Create your Squarespace store
- Head to Squarespace to sign up for an account and choose your subscription plan. Note Squarespace requires users to be on the ‘Commerce’ or higher plan to enable e-commerce.
- Once you have created your account, choose a template and design your store. Squarespace offer a wealth of templates with a focus on e-commerce.
- Next, select your desired store currency and measurement preferences – this will ensure we import your products with the desired values.
- To choose measurements preferences, from your main Squarespace menu select: ‘settings’ > ‘language & region’ > ‘measurement standard’
- To choose store currency preferences, from your main Squarespace menu select: ‘commerce’ > ‘payments’ > ‘store currency’
Step 4: Connect creativehub & Squarespace
- Navigate back to your creativehub account.
- Access your main setting menu by clicking your name/avatar in the top right
- Select ‘Art store settings’ from the drop down
- Click ‘Integrations’ from the left hand side menu options
- Click the ‘Connect’ button next to the Squarespace logo
- Clicking ‘Connect’ takes you to a Squarespace page where you are asked if you would like to connect your store with creativehub. Authorise this connection.
- Once connected, you’ll be auto directed back to your creativehub account. Notice Squarespace now displays as connected.
Step 5: Push your products to your Squarespace store
- Once your prints are priced (step 2), these will be listed in your creativehub account in the ‘Product list’
- This is located in ‘Art store settings’ > ‘Product list’
- First, select your ‘Shipping rate method’. Note that with Squarespace, only the ‘self managed’ shipping option is available. You need to set up your own shipping rates in Squarespace. We will charge you the flat rate £7 global shipping rate. Learn more about how to do that here.
- Next, click ‘Import all’ if you wish to push all your products to Squarespace. Alternatively, import products individually.
- Once imported, you’ll see the import date in the ‘last imported’ column.
- Your imported products can be found in your Squarespace account by selecting ‘Commerce’ > ‘Inventory’
- To list your product for sale, click the product name, then change the ‘visibility’ from ‘hidden’ to ‘public’
Step 6: Add a payment card so we can fulfil your print orders
When you sell a print in your Squarespace store, the customer pays you the full amount via your chosen payment method (this is configured in Squarespace main settings).
We then debit you separately for the production costs plus the flat rate shipping fee of £7.00 (+VAT if applicable).
You’ll need to add a bank card to your creativehub account for us to be able to take this payment.
To do this, click your profile icon in the top right of the page and select ‘Art store settings’ from the drop down options.
Then click ‘Payment settings’ on the left hand side menu.
Step 7: Driving traffic to your store
Great, you are all set up with your new online art store! When a print sells, we’ll handle fulfillment and ship direct to your customer within 48 hours.
Now it’s time to start thinking about driving traffic to your online store.
There are many ways to do this. We have written a free book that covers these topics and more. Grab your copy via the button below!