In this quick guide, we’ll walk you through the 7 steps you need to complete to automate your art sales with creativehub & Etsy
Step 1: Sign up to creativehub
- Sign up for your free creativehub account here. If you already have an account, simply login.
Step 2: Upload your files, set your price & sizes
- Once logged in to your creativehub account, you’ll land on an option page.
- Select the ‘Sell art online’ card and follow the quick tutorial to set up your products.
Step 3: Create your Etsy store
- Head to Etsy and register your Etsy account.
- Important: once your account is created, navigate to the ‘Sell on Etsy’ option in your main settings menu and follow the steps to create your Etsy shop. This step must be done in order for you to connect with creativehub.
- During this set up journey Etsy will ask you to create a product in order to progress. Set up a manual product which can be deleted later.
Step 4: Connect creativehub & Etsy
- Navigate back to your creativehub account.
- Access your main setting menu by clicking your name/avatar in the top right
- Select ‘Art store settings’ from the drop down
- Click ‘Integrations’ from the left hand side menu options
- Click the ‘Connect’ button next to the Etsy logo
- Log in to your Etsy account to connect your two accounts
Step 5: Push your products to your Etsy store
- Once your prints are priced (step 2), these will be listed in your Creativehub account in the ‘Product list’
- This is located in ‘Art store settings’ > ‘Product list’
- First select your ‘Shipping rate method’. Learn more about this here
- Then click ‘Import all’ if you wish to push all your products to Etsy. Alternatively, Import product individually.
- Note that Etsy enforce ‘stock quantity’ on all products. For this reason, we import products that you have set to open editions with a predetermined stock quantity of 999 (this can be edited in Etsy).
- Your products with limited editions saved will import with a stock quantity that reflects this.
- See below example of products in Etsy with limited edition of 100 and an open edition (999).
- Click here to learn more about Etsy’s fees
Step 6: Add a payment card so we can fulfil your print orders
When you sell a print in your Etsy store, the customer pays you the full amount via your chosen payment method (this is configured in Etsy’s main settings).
We then debit you separately for the production costs plus the flat rate shipping fee of £7.00 (+VAT if applicable).
You’ll need to add a bank card to your creativehub account for us to be able to take this payment.
To do this, click your profile icon in the top right of the page and select ‘Art store settings’ from the drop down options.
Then click ‘Payment settings’ on the left hand side menu.
Step 7: Driving traffic to your store
Great, you are all set up with your new online art store! When a print sells, we’ll handle fulfillment and ship direct to your customer within 48 hours.
Now it’s time to start thinking about driving traffic to your online store.
There are many ways to do this. We have written a free book that covers these topics and more. Grab your copy via the button below!